Bengkung Belly Binding
Bengkung Belly Binding is a traditional Malaysian wrap technique that aids the natural healing process of your postpartum body’s journey back to normal. While strengthening and supporting abdominal muscles efficiently, this soft and breathable wrap can be worn under or over clothing beginning as early as 5 days postpartum. It is comfortable to sit or nurse in, and there is never a need to be sized up or down because it’s easily adjusted without need for a new wrap. Some of the benefits of Bengkung Belly Binding include:
• Assisting in Abdominal Muscles Retraction
• Supports Loosened Ligaments
• Improves Posture
• Decreases Lower Back Pain
• Aids in Hips Returning to Pre-Pregnancy Position
• Emotional Support
• Symbolic Closure of Pregnancy
Enjoy the process of taking care of your body by setting aside 10 to 15 minutes each day for self-care. Not only does it boost your confidence, but it helps you get in touch with your new body.
When Should I Get Wrapped?
After a vaginal delivery it is recommended to start within the first week- optimally on day 5 of postpartum. After a cesarean birth, it can begin 4 to 6 weeks postpartum with doctor’s approval.
How Long Should I Wear It?
For best results, wrap daily for at least 40 days. It can be worn for up to 10 hours per day as it’s comfortable and moves with your body. However, the average hours worn per day are 6 to 8.
• 1 Bengkung Wrap with Under Wrap
• 1- 90 Minutes In-Home Bind Session with Personal Instructions
• Healing Belly Salve and Belly Massage
• 1 Follow-Up Call for Questions and Support
Cost for this service is $130